Col. Potter Cairn Rescue Network
Name a Rescue Cairn
Col. Potter Cairn Rescue Network does take in Puppymill Cairns - some are breeder turnovers, some we get at auction.
Puppymill dogs are the most expensive dogs to rescue. They require full vetting - most have never had vaccinations or vet visits before. Many have treatable illnesses - that a simple one dollar antibiotic might have cured at an early stage, but that end up requiring expensive surgery. Specific dogs are placed in our
Grandfather and Guardian Angel Program, but the vast majority of mill dogs are not.
We do our best to make space for as many as we can. We do not turn a dog down due to age and we have knowingly taken in dogs that needed expensive veterinary assistance. This may be the only chance they will ever have to know love, caring and the simple pleasures of a warm, soft bed, good food and clean water.
You want to help, but don't know how.
We are always in need of foster homes. If you are not a current foster home and would be interested in becoming one - please go to this link Foster a Cairn and sign up. You will need to fill out our application to do so, and will have our usual careful screening done. If you are a recent adoptive home and would like to foster, you just need to fill out
the form but without the references or home visit!
Don't forget, we also take in Owner Surrenders and Shelter Strays, so we always need foster homes for more than just mill dogs.
| MONEY FOR CARE:
Mill dogs come in not having had veterinary care so the MINIMUM needed is Shots (rabies, yearly vaccination, bortadella and heartworm testing) as well as a mandatory spay or neuter. We normally have the dogs undergo quarantine at a vets office for a week so that we can ensure they do not carry diseases to our foster homes. In addition, MANY breeder dogs come in with other ailments - ear infections so bad they may permanently lose hearing or be susceptible to other problems, feet problems for being on wire, major dental problems including infections. While we try to keep our vet care costs down, our average costs for an incoming Breeder dog is $500.00 not including transport costs.
If you make a donation of $100 or larger, you can 'Name a Rescue Dog'. Names will be subject to our 'standard' conventions - All CPCRN dogs have a unique name, and CPCRN reserves the right to refuse any name. If the name you suggest is not usable, we will contact you for a substitute name.
Your donation can be specifically earmarked for these cairns by clicking the 'Name a Rescue Cairn' button to the right. You can either send us a check or money order, or can use Paypal.
See below for pledged names.
- Corkie - This was the name of our first cairn. She was brindle, and was a great dog.
- Roosevelt - Last week John died at age 96. A vetern of WWII John always complained FDR ruined the country by doing away with the gold standard. In honor of John I am donating the name
- Kevin Patrick - In memory of our deceased nephew
- Goldie Rose - In honor/memory of Montez F mom who recently passed.
- Laughing Gravy
- Gustave - In memory of my Dad, Jerry Mohr, who passed in September 2011.
- Mildred -In honor of my grandmother, Mildred Anderson.
- Vikas - In loving memory of Viktor who recently died suddenly of an aggressive nasal tumor.
- Corkie - This was the name of our first cairn. She was brindle, and was a great dog.
- George Jones - To memorialize Kaaren Jone’s husband, and Danielle and George’s son.
- R. J. Fisherman - In honor of Richard Jones, who loved to fish.
- Aunt Sarah - In honor and memory of Amy’s aunt, who was also a Col. Potter LOL - crocheting little Afghan blankies for our foster babies.
- Fate - In honor of Kathy and Barney
- Tota - in memory of Mary Arnold's Toto 1999 - 2011
- JR – donated by the BoD in memory of Danielle and George’s son John Rackstraw
- Milori - In honor of Mike and Lori
- Aunt Nettie - In honor of Susan Strong’s great aunt, her dad’s wonderful aunt who was a great fixture in Susan’s childhood, churning fresh butter, cooking and baking and always greeting you with a smile. With special thanks to Susan for the best cookies ever.
- Hess - For my friend Eleanor
- Violet Talullah - This is for my sweet Lucy’s dear foster mom’s girl who recently passed away.
- Brandy - In memory of my wonderful collie
- Ziggy - In honor of Ziggyman, he was loved so much.
- JurisPrudence (JP) - To honor Pat Augustine,
- Brandie (Brandee)- To honor Pat Augustine,
- Aingeal Yani - In Memory of Bonnie Becker’s foster boy,Yani, who went to RB in the prime of his life. He is truly a hero for other cairns as a reminder that we should be ever vigilant for the safety of those entrusted to our care. Aingeal in Scottish means Angel.
- Patricia Ann - To honor and remember my very best friend and soulmate (Karin Maeys’) mother, Pat Augustine, who recently passed away.
- Lurline Diana
- Blizzard- This name is donated in memory of my son's family's dog. He was found as a puppy abandoned in a snow drift on the side of a country road in AR while my son was there restoring power after an ice storm. He has been a much loved family member and was my grand daughter Gracie's first dog.
- Bravo - In Memory of Bravo H. Chongruk
- Vonnee and Vaughn - In memory of my mother Evonnee (Vonnee) Kelly who passed on 1/13/2011
- Cosy - In memory of Cosette who crossed the RB Dec 2009
- Uncle Jack - In memory of Marsha & Curt St. John's Uncle Jack
- Clean Slate - In honor of Magic Slate, and the new start they get when they come to us
- Rockie - Named for the beloved cat of one of your foster families
Tru - In memory of Trula Cain, who was a great animal lover and organized the humane society for my county serving as its president for over 50 years until her death last fall at age 90.
- Doc C.- In memory of my father, Dr. Alvin Cain, who was a family medical doctor often using his surgical and medical skills to save our family pets. He patiently allowed my mother, sisters, and my self to recruit his assistance in rescue
- Sweet Harmony - In honor of Mary Ellen's friend Carol
- BenBen - Named in honor of Denise’s Benny (CPs Martin) who went to the RB in June, 2010
- Barlow - Donated by Mellia and Giles E (and Tyfon and Beaulah) in memory of their Rottie who crossed the bridge in 2010
- Willoughby - Named by Brian Antosh and Amy Robinson with donations taken at a PR Event for CP.
- Matt - In honor and memory of Endeavour from Members of the Intakes Team
- Mary Grace OR Merry Grace OR Merry Melody - To honor Mary Noll for all she does for our CP kids -- in particular the kindesses and sacrafices she has made to help my darling Gracie get off to a good start in my home. The names clearly link the two and/or honor Mary's love of music and music teaching skills
- McNeill - From the Vancouver Island Group. McNeill is a town on Vancouver Island. Our group collects coins and each of us chose a name that is significant to Vancouver Island.
- Rudi - In memory of Rudi Goode, beloved Cairn son of Juli Goode
- Miles - From Carolina Cairn Get Together
- Carolina - From Carolina Cairn Get Together
- Smiley - For my dad, who loves my Cairn Gus
- Rhoda - My grandmother, she was the best She was my Grandma, and gave me the courage to be what I am.
- Bevin - In memory of our beloved Bevin who passed away in 2008 at the age of 18
- Blaiser - In memory of Chris Blaisdell who passed away from cancer August 2009
- Salvan - In Memory of Sally the Illinois Cairn
Ticonderoga - Donors at the 2010 Shelburne Museum Goes To The Dogs voted for their favorite name and Ticonderoga it was! To read more about the SS Ticonderoga, now located at the Shelburne Museum in Shelburne, Vermont follow this link
Poppy Girl,In memory of my mother's much loved little girl.She died at 13 from cancer.
Tazzer,In honor of Taz Jones
- Henry C. - A Christmas present for my Dad which will give much love--to Dad and a cairn-- and provide interest for a very long time.
- Inky Pie - Pie was my mom's nickname. I grew up in the South & many people have nicknames. The first nephew born could not say Auntie Pie and called her Inky Pie, and it stuck. My mom died of pancreatic cancer 15 years ago. I still miss her & typing this brings tears to my eyes.
- Sir Winston - In memory of our 14yr old Cairn -Sir Winston of the Moores' who went to the RB 2009
- Sainted Riley
- Sir Isaac Newton
- Abbie Rose
- Mr. Salty - In memory of Sandy Tiller's dog, Salty
- Lord Randall Taylor (Randy)
- Maximillian (Maxi)
- Tallulah Bean
- Miss Maggie
- Birk - In memory of Jim
- Billy Howard - This is for my dad who was a much decorate VietNam and Korean war veteran who was also a huge animal lover.
- Cassie O.- In honor of Karen and Tony's beloved Cassie, the cat.
- Miss Annie
- Glory Bee
- Dad's Penny
- Grandpa Dean
- Choo Choo
- Shannon Ann
- Babcia - older (means Grandma in Polish - pronounced "Bobcha")
- Wiley Coyote
|Name the Cairns Web Designer: Corinne Herron
© Copyright 2001-2009 Col. Potter Cairn Rescue Network CPCRN@CairnRescue.com